The Smarter way to get your business news – Subscribe to BloombergQuint on WhatsApp
Indian equity benchmarks on Thursday rose for third day in a row but capped gains amid volatility as investors awaited earnings from two major companies, Reliance Industries and Hindustan Unilever, which were scheduled to report earnings today.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.15 percent or 53 points to 36,374 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index climbed 0.14 percent or 15 points to 10,905.
Here Are The Stocks To Watch In Trade On Thursday:
- Aurobindo Pharma’s U.S. arm entered into an agreement to acquire seven marketed oncology injectable products, intellectual property and commercial infrastructure from Spectrum Pharma.
- Sundram Fasteners said that its plant located at Mahindra World City’s SEZ unit in Tamil Nadu had started its commercial production from Jan. 16.
- Bajaj Holdings & Investments received the Supreme Court’s nod to acquire 27 percent stake in Maharashtra Scooters. The company will acquire 30.85 lakh shares from the scooter company’s promoter Western Maharashtra Development Corporation.
- Rallis Industries board approved the merger of its wholly owned arm Metahelix Life Sciences with self.
- IL&FS Transportation said that its tunnel contract in Jammu Kashmir was terminated by NHIDCL with effect from Jan. 15.
- Great Eastern Shipping contracted to sell its large gas carrier and will be delivered to new buyer in the first half of financial year 2020.
- Cyient said it will consider a share buyback on a later date.
- Axis Bank clarified on news relating to Hawala Scam stating accounts have been opened after complying with KYC norms and the bank does not have any credit exposure to the said entity. The bank also stated that it was working closely with the authorities on this issue.
- Hindalco clarified that the company had stopped its mining operation at Durgamandi Mines since March 17 last year, as per the show-cause notice received from the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change. This closure will not have material impact in the operations, as state in the press release.
- UCO Bank board approved the issue of equity shares on a preferential basis worth Rs 3,076 crore to the government of India and raising of Rs 1,000 crore via equity through qualified institutional placement.
. Read more on Business News by BloombergQuint.
Source: Global Economy