1. Walk as much as you can – When there is a nearby store, try walking to it rather than taking your car. If you go to a school located only fifteen minutes away, try walking instead of taking public transport
2. Switch off the lights – When there is nobody in the room, switch off the lights. It does not matter whether they are energy saving bulbs as you will still be wasting energy
3. Use public transport to get to work – Rather than taking your car to work, try taking public transport. Not only do you avoid straining you brain, you save a substantial amount of gas as well
4. Wash your Own Clothes –When you have a washing machine, use it rather than sending someone to get your clothes washed at a nearby dry cleaner
5. Stay Healthy – Staying healthy is a great way to save money . By staying healthy, you are less likely to acquire an illness that will necessitate expensive medication
6. Use Coupons when Possible – One smart idea is to use coupons whenever possible. If you have a coupon for a free coffee, use it on your way to work to get a quick and free boost of energy
Also Read: Tips on How to Save Money Using Coupon Codes
7. Stay away from snacking – Although it may seem a little strange, avoiding two packets of 6 oz chips a day can helps save $5 a day
8. Avoid smoking – If there was ever a time to quit smoking it is now. Although they may seem cheap, you will be astounded when you look at how much money you spend on a monthly basis on cigarettes
9. Cut down on alcohol – Unless you have a substantial reason for doing so, cut down on the booze.
10. Carpool – Carpooling is a great way to half your daily gas bill. Instead of taking two cars to work, carpool with a friend
11. Use the phone only when needed – You can save quite a sum of money if you talk only when needed
12. Compromise – if you are married, ensure that your wife knows of the current financial situation. Talk about how you can both compromise to save money
13. Avoid expensive brands – Just because it is expensive does not mean it is the best.
14. Go outside – If you have kids, try to encourage them to go outside than waste electricity on the computer inside
15. Open up a window – Rather than using the air conditioner, open up a window. Not only will it cool the entire room, the ventilation is good for your lungs too